Pokemon Friends Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Falling Star Academy

Go down

Falling Star Academy Empty Falling Star Academy

Post  BreakingBenjamin Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:09 am

Welcome, one and all, to Falling Star Academy, a school centered around teaching young and rising students the basics of capturing and training Pokemon. Elena Roan, who established the academy and currently serves as its headmistress, has high hopes for the students who attend to this academy, which gets its name for the star-shaped island on which it is located. On this island, one can find many different locations to explore, each filled to the brim with various species of Pokemon. Whether you want to be a highly skilled battler, a graceful coordinator, or a respectable breeder, the academy offers several classes, taught by people who are considered to be among the best at what they do. We sincerely hope you will enjoy your stay.

These are the in-universe rules of the school itself. Just pretend this is in a handbook or something

1) Do not skip class. If you are new to the island and are unable to attend one of the classes you have signed up for, it will not be held against you, and you will be able to meet with the teacher for a remedial lesson, if you wish. Otherwise, there are no excuses.

2) You must wear your uniform when you attend classes and school assemblies. Otherwise you are free to wear whatever you want, so long as it isn't offensive. If you are caught wearing anything too revealing or otherwise inappropriate, you will be asked to change clothes.

3) Under no circumstances are boys allowed to be on the girls' side of the school at night, and vice versa. If, for any reason, you need to go to the other side of the school, inform your Warden and have him/her accompany you.

4) Though we do allow relationships between students, we ask that you keep public displays of affection to a minimum. Additionally, sexual conduct of any kind will not be tolerated.

5) Tobacco and alcohol is off limits on this island.

6) Pokemon battles, unless you are using an indoor arena, are to be kept outside. Unless stated otherwise, you may take your battles anywhere you wish.

7) Once it becomes dark outside, students are to remain in their school housing. However, if there is a Pokemon that you wish to try and capture that only comes out at night, speak to your Warden, and they may give you permission to go searching for a wild Pokemon. Just remember that you will be closely monitored, so don't think you'll be able to simply use it as an excuse to go out and have some fun.

8. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to attack another student with their Pokemon, even as a joke. There have been incidents in the past with students getting severely injured (or worse), even if it was unintentional...so don't test us on this one.

9) Willingly participating in the destruction of school property is another big one. Do not let us catch you doing this.

10) Lastly, do not get into a physical fight with another student. If you are having a problem with someone, either speak with a teacher/Warden about it, or settle it with a Pokemon Battle

Breaking any of these rules will result in one or more of following punishments, depending on how serious the crime is

1) Detention. What you end up doing during this time is up to whoever assigned it.

2) Temporary confiscation of any Pokemon involved. If you only have one Pokemon, you will be given a replacement, which you will give back once you Pokemon is returned.

3) Permanent confiscation of any Pokemon involved. Similar to the above, you will be given a replacement if the confiscated Pokemon is your only one. Said replacement is, however, permanent.

4) Temporary confiscation of you entire team, regardless of their involvement in the crime in question. You will only get one Pokemon as a replacement, no matter how many Pokemon you had in your team.

5) Temporary revocation of one or more of the following rights
a) Battling and capturing wild Pokemon
b) Battling with other students
c) Buying items from the shops
d) Access to the Trading Room and Battle Arena
e) Harvesting Apricorns and Berries, and digging for fossils
f) Visiting other school houses

6) Confinement to your room until further notice. The only times you may leave will be to attend class and get some dinner, during which you will be closely monitored.

7) And last but definitely not least, expulsion from the academy. However, do note that this is used as a last resort, and is only considered if doing otherwise could potentially endanger anyone on the island
[h]
General Rules

Read the rules, and I mean all of them. I know it's a pain, but they're there for reason. If you end up getting in trouble because you didn't know something was against the rules, you'll only have yourself to blame.

Be respectful. If your character is rude by nature, that's fine, but keep it IC. You're entitled to your opinion, but I expect you to respect everyone else's as well. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Don't argue with a me. If I tell you to do/that you can't do something, then that's it. There will usually be a reason for it, so please don't get all bent out of shape about it. And if you absolutely must defend yourself, then do it in a PM, and be as respectful as possible.

No spamming. Avoid double-posting (posting in a thread twice in a row) as much as possible, and stay on subject.

There's no limit on how many words a post has to be or anything like that. However, we'd appreciate it if you could, at the very least, get a paragraph out for each post. On the opposite end of things, try not to make your posts so long that reading them starts feeling like a chore. There is such a thing as too much information, after all.

I don't mind a little swearing, but don't go dropping F-bombs simply for the sake of dropping F-bombs. Try to keep in mind that there might be someone who is offended by such language. Same goes with sexuality. If you want your character to do the Horizontal Boogie with someone else's character, then by all means. But save the explicit details for PM and fade to black in the actual thread.

No posting in the RP area until your character has been approved.

Have fun. This is meant to be a form of entertainment, so don't take it too seriously, and just have a good time.

Roleplay Rules

Be as realistic as possible. I know this is a world where animals run around breathing fire and shooting electricity from their bodies, but there should be at least some level of realism. For example, unlike the anime, a person would not be able to take a point blank flamethrower and emerge only slightly charred. They would die...quite painfully, I might add. So yeah. Keep things like that in mind.

I shouldn't have to say this, but no God-modding or Powerplaying. Godmodding is when you make yourself, or in this case, your Pokemon, out to be invincible, or otherwise far more powerful than it logically should me. Powerplaying is when you make a post where you basically control someone else's character without their permission. Both of those are big no-nos.

Application Rules

Please, please, please avoid making a Mary sue. No one is perfect, your character should have some sort of flaw. If you somehow don't know what a Mary Sue is, then click here for more details.

Please link your character's profile in your signature after it has been accepted. It makes it easier on everyone if you do so.

The purpose of this thread is to go over all the dos and don'ts of battling. Please read everything...I know there's a lot here, and it's kind of a pain having to read all of it, but, once again, it's here for a reason.

Moves Per Post

Only one move can be used per post. That's it. Whether you use said move for attack or defense is up to you, but, frankly, there are too many potential issues with certain combinations of certain moves being used at the same time, and I'd rather not have to deal with them every time one comes up. So I'm just nipping the whole thing at the bud here and now. The only exception, naturally, is Contests...seeing as how they're geared toward making you Pokemon look good, rather than pwning the opponent in the face.

Dodging Attacks

Normally, you may only evade an attack three times for each Pokemon you use. And no, unused evasions do not carry over to the next Pokemon you send out.

Using moves that increase Evasion in the games, such as Double Team and Minimize, will do just that on here as well. When you use them, the number of times that you can dodge an attack will go up by one. To keep things fair, however, you can only use such attacks twice per Pokemon, regardless of how many evasions you've already used. At the same time, moves that decrease Evasion, like Defog and Sweet Scent, will take away one of the target's evasions. The same rules for using them apply. Only twice per battle. While the move Gravity is in effect, dodging is not possible at all.

There are certain moves that cannot be avoided no matter how many evasions you have remaining. This mean that, unless you want to use up your turn to block the attack, you cannot do anything to avoid it, and have no choice but to take the hit. These attacks are as followed;
- Aerial Ace
- Aura Sphere
- Clear Smog
- Feint Attack
- Magical Leaf
- Magnet Bomb
- Shadow Punch
- Shock Wave
- Swift
- Vital Throw (using this move will take away one of your own Evasions)

Blocking Attacks

Blocking is when you use an attack of your own to negate an attack being used by an opponent. This does not count as dodging a move, so you're free to do it even after you have used up all of your evasions...so long as you don't mind using up your turn to do so.

When doing this, the move you use must be the same category as the move you're trying to block. In other words, to block a Physical attack, you must use a physical attack. Likewise for Special moves. Status moves cannot be blocked, or used to block.

The Base Power of the move you are using to block an incoming attack must be equal to or higher than the move you are attempting to block, otherwise, the attempt will fail. There are other factors to consider, of course, such as type weakness and the way certain moves would react. Frankly, there's too many 'if's and 'but's to consider, so all I'm going to ask in this regard is that you use some logic.

This tactic will not work against incredibly fast attacks. The only way to avoid them is to use up an evasion, otherwise you will have no choice but to take the hit. The moves that this rule applies to are the following;
- Aqua Jet
- Bullet Punch
- Extremespeed
- Fake Out (only if used on the first turn)
- Ice Shard
- Mach Punch
- Quick Attack
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Vaccum Wave

Fish Pokemon

This one is fairly straightforward. Pokemon based on fish, such as Goldeen and Finneon, are at their best in water. This goes without saying. However, contrary to popular belief, they are capable of battling on land. They will, however, be at a disadvantage. Their mobility will be severely hampered, and, as such, not only is their Speed treated as having been cut in half, but they are also unable to evade attacks.

However, if the Pokemon in question has Swift Swim as its ability, this penalty is negated as long as it's raining. It is also negated if the Pokemon in question knows the HM move Surf. Needless to say, if they're battling in water, there is no such penalty

Now, some of you may be wondering. "What starters can we choose from?". Well that's the beauty of it. Instead of having a specific set of Pokemon that one has to choose from, students are allowed to choose what they want. There are, of course, some notable exceptions, most of which are detailed below.

However, if they're undecided, or would simply prefer to be surprised, they may still opt for the "traditional" method of choosing a starter. In this case, you will choose between four randomly-chosen starters plus a random Normal-type.

Now, going back to the subject of choosing your own Pokemon, there are, as I mentioned, some exceptions. For one, there's the Rare and Uncommon Pokemon, which are explained and listed below.

Uncommon - The following Pokemon are not allowed to be picked as starters, but can be found in the wild. Catching them will be somewhat challenging, though, especially if you're just starting out.
- all Pokemon with only one evolution stage (i.e Tauros, Heracross), unless they are listed as Rare.
- Non-Dragon-type Pokemon who become Dragon-types after evolving (i.e Swablu, Trapinch)
- Onix
- Scyther
- Lickitung
- Tangela
- Aipom
- Yanma
- Nosepass
- Feebas
- Riolu
- Zorua

Restricted - If we start getting people choosing too many of one particular species, then that Pokemon will be listed here. If a Pokemon is listed as restricted, then it's essentially the same as being Uncommon, meaning it can't be chosen as a Starter, but can be found in the wild. The only difference is that this list is subject to change, whereas the Uncommon list isn't. Naturally, since we're just starting out, there aren't any Pokemon on this list. Hopefully, we can keep it that way.

Rare Pokemon - These Pokemon are especially hard to find. They will not be obtainable as starters, nor can they be encountered in the wild. The only way to obtain these Pokemon is through events, or by visiting one of the Other Areas. Of course, even if you find one, catching them will be far from easy. Please note that this applies to the evolved forms of these Pokemon as well.
- all Dragon-type Pokemon
- Lapras
- Ditto
- Porygon
- Eevee
- Larvitar
- Beldum
- Rotom
- Spiritomb
- Audino
- Larvesta

Special Cases
- The 15 starters from the main series can be obtained as starters. Otherwise, they (along with their evolutions) are considered to be Rare, and will only appear in the Other Areas out in the wild. For the sake of clarity, here's a list
- Bulbasaur
- Squirtle
- Charmander
- Chikorita
- Totodile
- Cyndaquil
- Treecko
- Mudkip
- Torchic
- Turtwig
- Piplup
- Chimchar
- Snivy
- Oshawott
- Tepig

- Fossil Pokemon will not appear in the wild at all, even in the Other Areas. However, student's can obtain them by finding and reviving their fossils.

Banned Pokemon
- for obvious reasons, all Legendary Pokemon are banned from being captured or owned. You may, at some point, encounter one, and you might even be lucky enough to battle them. But catching them is not, and will probably never be, possible.

- due to the fact that I am not entirely sure how Counter and Mirror Coat will work, along with the fact that they can have an insanely broken combination of moves, Wynaut and Wobbuffet are, until further notice, banned from capture/being owned by academy staff.

Name: (Pretty self-explanitory. If they have a nickname they prefer to go by, that goes here too.)

Age: (How old is your character? No younger than 12, and no older than 17 if you're a student)

Date of Birth: (The month and day on which they were born)

Sexual Orientation: (Straight? Gay/lesbian? Bisexual? Anything that moves?)

Appearance: (Doesn't have to be too elaborate. Just give us a brief description of what they look like, and include any distinguishing features, like piercings or scars. Also include what they usually like to wear whenever they're not in their uniform, and how tall they are..)

Personality: (How do they usually act? Do certain types of people or situations make them act in a different manner? Do they have any deep secrets or insecurities? All of that goes here.)

Dislikes: (also list at least four)

Uniform Color:

Pokemon: (only one at first. That's AFTER you go to the lab)

Last edited by BoyceAvenue on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
BreakingBenjamin
BreakingBenjamin
Admin

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4513937/

Back to top Go down

Falling Star Academy Empty FAQ

Post  BreakingBenjamin Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:15 am

Q) So what is this roleplay, exactly?
A) Basically, it's a Roleplaying, set at a school...kinda like the one on Yugioh GX. Only, instead of a card game, it centers around Pokemon. Here, students who are either too lazy or not confident enough to go on a journey across an entire region can learn the basics of being a trainer, and have the experience of traveling and raising Pokemon without actually having to go too far.

Q) Does this roleplay have Fakemon?
A) No, it doesn't. I personally have nothing against them, but honestly, it seems like it'd be more of a hassle than it's worth to keep up with them.

Q) What about Pokemorphs? Are they allowed?
A) Frankly, I'm not a fan, so I wasn't really planning on including them. If you absolutely must make one, then I guess I won't stop you. However, the difference will be mostly physical. They will not have any of the powers that the Pokemon they look like, nor will they be able to shapeshift into said Pokemon. The most I'll allow is the ability to understand Pokemon speech. Also, only the "ears and tail" variety. No full-blown furries. Nothing against them, but it's not my thing, and I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Q) Are we allowed to make characters from the anime/games/manga?
A) No. No canon characters are allowed. Nor is your character allowed to be related to a canon character in any way. At most, I'll allow a passing reference in your character's History. That's about it.

Q) Why is <insert name of Pokemon> on the rare/uncommon/restricted list?
A) Because I said so.

Q) So, what Pokemon can I start with?
A) Look up for more details on how one can choose their starter.

Q) I want a Pokemon like Pikachu or Clefairy. Can I start with them? Or do I have to start with their Baby forms, Pichu and Cleffa?
A) We'd prefer it if you start with the Baby forms.

Q) Why call the dorm supervisors "Wardens"? Wouldn't "Advisors" or something else like that be more fitting?
A) The official reason: the Headmistress thought "Warden" sounded cool. The actual reason: I had a brain-fart and didn't think of the name "Advisor" until after someone else pointed it out. By then I had already posted all the info for them, and I didn't feel like changing it.

Q) Can our Pokemon have Hidden Abilities?
A) I never really saw them as a big deal, so sure. Go ahead.

Q) Do I have to start at the lab?
A) Yes. No having your character already own a Pokemon.

Q) The description for <insert location> says there are <insert Type> Pokemon. Does that mean I'll only find those particular Types there?
A) Not at all. You can find other Pokemon there. The listed types are merely the most common in that location. Generally, they're to be considered good places to look if you want a specific Type/species of Pokemon.

Q) So, what exactly is a "Pseudo-legendary" Pokemon? You kept mentioning them in the Positions thread, but I have no idea what that means
A) Basically, they're a group of fully-evolved Pokemon who have a very high set of base stats, which apparently puts them on par with Legendaries. Or something. I don't really know, but people seem to make a big deal out of them. Regardless, on here, they won't necessarily be treated as any stronger than any other fully-evovled Pokemon. Just extremely hard to find, moreso than Rare Pokemon. Oh, and if you need to know, there are six Pseudo-legendaries in all; Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon.

Anyways, that's all that comes to mind right away. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.
BreakingBenjamin
BreakingBenjamin
Admin

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4513937/

Back to top Go down

Falling Star Academy Empty Accepted Forms

Post  BreakingBenjamin Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:24 am

BoyceAvenue
Spoiler:
BreakingBenjamin
BreakingBenjamin
Admin